"Art Colours Life"
When I retired in June 2016 from my career as a social worker, I downsized from my home in Ottawa and moved to Perth, Ontario to a cedar home at the end of a road in the maple woods. Over the first winter, a small studio was built on the edge of the woods.
I am a full time landscape artist who works to capture the mesmerizing qualities of water and landscape in acrylics on canvas. My paintings reflect my fascination with the interaction between light, colour and pattern in water and landscape.
My recent work is from local areas such as Murphy’s Point Provincial Park and Eastern Ontario.
I was a member of the West End Studio Tour in Ottawa for 15 years.
I am now a member of:
- Ontario Society of Artists - elected
- Federation Of Canadian Artists - elected
- Society of Canadian Artists - elected
- Rideau Valley Artist Association,
- East Central Ontario Artist Association
- West Carleton Art Association
- Art Works! Perth.
- Arts Network Ottawa
barb sohn art on Facebook, email@example.com, Instagram